Winter Maintenance Essentials for Luxury Vehicles
Failing to properly care for your car can lead to big repair bills down the road. Fortunately, winter maintenance for your luxury vehicle doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive, so long as you follow a few simple steps:
- Use the Proper Oil: Some vehicles require thicker oil during cold winter months to ensure proper lubrication. Check your user’s manual to find this information.
- Get a Good Wash: A thorough carwash, using filtered water, a mild detergent made for high-quality finishes, towel drying, and a generous application of car wax, will ensure your vehicle’s exterior is ready to weather winter storms.
- Renew Your Headlights: After a few years of use, your headlights can develop a film on the lens that reduces their effectiveness. Consider a headlight renewal kit to help polish them up and improve visibility.
- Detail, Detail: You can purchase a kit to detail your car’s interior yourself, or you can take it to the professionals. Either way, prepping for winter should include conditioning the leather seats, shampooing the carpets, cleaning out the vents, and cleaning and moisturizing any plastic surfaces with a specialized cleaner.
- Condition Wood: Vehicles with wood trim require special care and a conditioner that cannot only moisturize the wood but also help to protect it from exposure to the elements and sunlight.
- Check Your Fluids: The changing of the seasons is a good time to check your coolant, brake, power steering, and transmission fluids and make sure all are clean and topped off.
- Have Your Battery Tested: Harsh winter weather can drain your battery’s charge, which can be a real problem if your vehicle has been sitting idle. Bring your Jaguar into our service center to have the battery tested and find out if it needs replacing.
- Inspect Your Tires: Even if your vehicle has all-wheel-drive, it won’t do you any good if your tires are worn. Make sure your tires have adequate tread by inserting a penny upside down in the tread pattern. If you can see the top of Abraham Lincoln’s head, it’s time to replace them.
The Jaguar of Cincinnati Service Center is Here to Help
The roads can be hazardous if you’re not prepared. Take advantage of the Jaguar EliteCare at Jaguar of Cincinnati to make sure your luxury car’s winter maintenance is complete. Schedule your service online, by phone at (513) 791-1000, or visit our service center in Cincinnati, OH. Be sure to also check out our tips for protecting your vehicle from salt damage in the winter!